Last Updated: February 27, 2019
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Information that you provide to usin connection with our online complaintform, which may include:
- Postal address;
- Telephone number(s);
- Email address; and
- Other Personal Information included in the “Problem Description” or “Action Requested” sections of the complaint form.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information to:
- Process the complaint(s) you have submitted to us;
- Contact you from time to time regarding your complaint;
- Respond to other requests you may have;
- Send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies,
- Send surveys to you;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, improving or modifying our Websites, identifying usage trends, and operating and expanding business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to:
- Volunteers responsible for responding to your complaint;
- The business organization or agency that is the subject of your complaint;
- News or other media organizations, if you indicate on the complaint form that you would be willing to talk to the media about your complaint; and
- Third-party service providers for the purpose of providing services to us, such as Websites hosting, information technology consulting services, data analysis, legal or audit services, accounting services, and other services.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others. We may use, disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. Other Information we may collect includes cookies and aggregate information from submitted complaints.
Collection and Use of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Aggregate information. We may aggregate information submitted from complaints in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity. We use aggregate information to measure relative consumer awareness in the various areas of consumer education and gauge the overall numbers affected by specific consumer problems.
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us”section below.
CHOICES AND DELETION
You may request that we change or delete Personal Information you have provided to us by contacting us through one of the following methods: (a) sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;(b) writing to 11820 Parklawn Dr. Suite 340, Rockville, MD 20852; or (c) calling us at 240-747-0229.
USE OF WEBSITES BY MINORS
The Websites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) and, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
The Websites are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.