Our Atlanta affiliates at WAGA have some tips on how to make a well-informed choice when it comes to hiring a mover.
Ads shown are chosen by the content creator and not endorsed by Call For Action.
Here are some helpful guidelines to follow:
- Getting personal recommendations from people you know and trust is the best place to start your search. Ask what they liked about the movers and research the company independently.
- Compare multiple estimates from different companies. If one of them is significantly cheaper than the others, be skeptical, particularly if a representative from the company hasn’t come to look at your belongings. You often get what you pay for, and the cheapest option may not be the best.
- Make sure your mover is licensed and insured! If they do not provide proof or say it’s not necessary, it’s a major red flag. Take your business elsewhere.
- Likewise, make sure any contract you sign is clear and does not include any blank spaces that could be filled in later. No matter what verbal assurances a mover gives you, that is not something a reputable business will do.
- Look up your mover with the American Moving and Storage Association at https://www.moving.org/. They have resources to help consumers find a trustworthy moving company.
- If you’re moving between states, check out the company at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to make sure they are properly registered with the federal government and insured. https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/
To submit a consumer complaint, use our online form.