Our Ft. Myers partner, WINK-TV, shares the details of one local flooring company with a track record of complaints. In addition the complaints filed by consumers, the company also owes over $6,000 in fines to the Florida Department of Professional Business and Regulation for engaging in the practice of construction contracting without being properly qualified or licensed.
Wink News has some tips before you hire your next contractor:
- Are they licensed, insured and bonded? Ask for proof
- Ask for references and call those references
- Look over any contract thoroughly before signing
- Never pay in full upfront – have a payment schedule with funds released based on work completed
- Ask for a release of lien and final inspection before final payment
Ads shown are chosen by content creator and not endorsed by Call For Action