CenturyLink Internet Basics is a low-cost Internet service for eligible low-income households at a cost of $9.95 per month. Faster speeds are available at a higher monthly fee.
The fee of $9.95 per month is for speeds up to 1.5Mbps (may vary; not guaranteed), with a 12-month contract; taxes, fees and surcharges are extra. The low-cost service is available for a maximum of 60 months to qualified customers. After the first year of service, the monthly will be $14.95 and will be in affect for the next 48 months.
A one-time activation fee will be applied. Free self-installation is available but if CenturyLink is asked to install, a fee will be applied.
If service is cancelled, there is an early termination fee of up to $200, which is prorated, based on the remaining number of months in the contract.
Must either lease or purchase a modem from CenturyLink.
- The monthly lease charge of $8.99 is waived for the first 12 months of service; the lease fee will apply starting in the 13th month
- The purchase price of the modem is $99.99; credit approval and a deposit may be required.
There is an option to purchase an iPad Mini tablet for $150 plus tax, shipping and handling. There is a mandatory 24-month Internet contract of $9.95/mo for first 12 months; $14.95/mo for the remaining 12 months. Early termination fees mentioned above apply.
- Follow current guidelines for Lifeline/TAP phone service programs
- Live in CenturyLink internet service areas
- Not a current CenturyLink customer or haven’t subscribed for service within the last 90 days
- Do Not have an overdue CenturyLink bill or unreturned equipment
The program requires customers to recertify their eligibility annually.
HOW TO APPLY
Go To www.centurylink.com/home/internetbasics/ for more information or call 1-800-201-4099 and ask to be transferred to the Internet Basics Team.
Spanish website: espanol.centurylink.com